Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Two doors close, one opens

Its been said that, "We can't control the things that other people do or say, we can only control our reactions to what people do or say." That type of modus operandi is a lot easier said than done sometimes. Today was one of those days when I was on the recieving end of some seemingly unpleasant news when I was first waking up this morning.

My dilemma this morning was how to react to the news. What I wanted to do and what I knew I should do were opposites. I figured the best way to change my attitude was to hit the gym and do my planned workout. Perhaps at the end of the session I would feel better.

My swim was scheduled to be a long one. Warmup was 1000 yds followed 4 100s, 3 800s, 300 yd pull, and 8 25s, finishing with a 200 cool down. This was by far the longest I had ever swum at one time (4500 yds or about 2.5 miles). I went easy for the warmups. When I got to the sets of 800, I went for length; counting my strokes the whole time. I averaged 19 throughout the 2400 yds which was great. I was able to finish the 4300 (no cool down as the pool closed) in about an hour and a half.

My focus was on point. I started to mull over what had happened this morning, but was forced to forget it as the sets got more intense and much more focus was required. It started to creep back in my head throughout the workout and again had to cast it aside in order to focus on my form, my counting, and my breathing.

I can't say that I am completely over things, but I am in a much better place mentally, because the thing on my mind right now is how much my triceps hurt and how hungry I am.

Song in my head "Why Can't I Be You" by The Cure. They played it on Dancing With The Stars (Mary Anna is obsessed with that show her favorite dancer is Mel B. from the Spice Girls). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eCsS_-Hf9U

2 comments:

nbez98 said...

Gobble Gobble. Hope the training goes well through this weekend. Give me a call.

true hot sexy stories said...

Freedom of Information Act papers reveal that DARPA created this android and the project was killed by congress. said the other man.
women dog sex true stories
interracial stories
free same sex stories
erotic lesbian stories
stories about gay men having sex
Freedom of Information Act papers reveal that DARPA created this android and the project was killed by congress. said the other man.