Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 2: MUP

Day 2 7:54 - I'm up. 'mup. MUP!!!! Thanks to my lovely almost ten month old daughter, I did not need an alarm clock today. Instead I was able to feed and change my Ainsley twice between 6:36 and 6:46 AM. I was able to get up, get some Cheerios, make some coffee, watch a few seconds of the 2008 Kona telecast, and make a few calls to the East coast all before 8. With all three girls back in bed I can now get into gear. Now I just don't know what to do with myself.

Today is a relatively easy day, but not that easy. I have a 2500 yd swim and nothing else before my hour long run tomorrow. It appears that this may be a lighter load than previous weeks in preparation for more stuff next week. I am still very tired physically. My legs are dead, and every day is a new area of soreness. Today my groins are sore as hell and I have no idea why. I usually feel that way after hockey. Maybe it's just the morning and I'm cranky.

If anyone in triathlon-land has a legal, non-chemical way of recovering from long runs and bikes and swims that take place six out of seven days per week I would appreciate it. If your suggestion comes in powder form and is produced by a company called "such and such Nutition" don't bother, I tried it and it doesn't work. I wonder what the pros do (other than genetic doping).

This may be my last day doing a morning post. I am in such a better mood at the end of the day.

6 comments:

Team Vazac said...

I know, I know... but have you tried THIS? French Vanilla..... so tasty.

Dennis Joyce said...

Maybe I'll give it a "shot". I am usually a citrussy guy. A few years ago I bought a truckload of Endurox R4 from a cheap bulk seller and I am still finishing it. It works just fine, I guess, and has the same stats as the Clif bar and tastes to my liking. Perhaps I just need to quit whining, get in better shape, or go on steroids like Brian Cushing.

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is something we cannot live without in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4[/url] DS NetServ)

Anonymous said...

Nice post... Looks like solid state memory is really starting to become more popular. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in solid-state drive prices real soon. $5 32 gig Micro SD Cards for your DS flash card... imagine that!

(Posted by N3T for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant digital memory has become in our lives. It seems like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB jack, lol. I guess it makes sense though, considering how much cheaper memory has become as of late...

Ahhh... I shouldn't be moaning and groaning. I can't make it through a single day without my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted from Ting2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I wonder when we will eventually hit the ratio of 1c to 1 GB.

I'm still waiting for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB hard drive . But for now I will be satisfied with having a 16 gigabyte Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i[/url] SysBro)