Monday, February 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again




Greetings bloggees. My last post referred to me resting my shoulder. Well, the injury, the ensuing holidays, turned me into a fat mess in very short time. Basically I fell awkwardly playing hockey and did something to my shoulder muscle. After a couple x-rays and some time on the couch, I eased back into things in early January and February. I still could not swim; as every time I got into the pool, I immediately felt the familiar pain. So I started focusing on light weights and lots of shoulder movements and began training the other two disciplines, by far my least favorite.

So now I am back. Last week I spent Tuesday doing all three with a group at the gym. Thursday was weights and running. This week should be more of the same.

I learned some good lessons from the experience. I was following a workout program a little too strenuously and not allowing enough time in between for rest. I'm not out there to win the race, I am out there to compete in it. I feel like my body was telling me to slow down, give yourself an off-season to recharge, and get back at it. Last week's pool workout was pretty easy even though I was out of it since Dec 1. Plus the running and cycling have caught up so I am in good position to move forward. I also learned to try to give myself plenty of rest. I never really though of myself as over-training. But, I would feel really bad if I missed a workout Now, if I need an extra day for rest or I need to focus on work for the whole day I will take it and re-charge myself for the next day.

I am in a much more confident place with my training now than I was last fall and I am totally excited for this year.

So tomorrow I will get in the pool at a nice easy pace, do my cycling and then its off for a run. I can't wait. As long as I can get up at 5AM. Pray for me.

Song in My Head: "Lazy Eye" Silversun Pickups http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjXwbmjumAg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salvation army adult rehabilitation center Greatest number of people can join only the lowest common denominator. - FA Hayek super original The morning began with a wonderful article, thank you! Yes, but it's not all ... I hope it will still You can still search in Google .. Why have a blog such attendance is low ... the way to put things in your blog or deterioration, will help remove rasskau you also an interesting story .. How delightful !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

cum covered tits Hmm ... well, it pamoymu have extreme ... A long time ago I started this blog? You know now who rarely writes on the subject, very pleasant to read, I would advise to add more pictures! Quite strange material you provide to us You can still search in Google .. I do not know how the rest, but I liked it. super original blog in my favorites

Anonymous said...

is queen latifah gay adult sex dating in redwood mississippi adult singles dating chase nebraska adult dating a a date adult singles dating annapolis illinois adult dating services leadore idaho adult sex dating in johnstone renfrewshire adult dating services troy idaho free adult dating scottsville virginia