Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday Triathlon

I woke up at the gawdawful hour of 4:30 and joined my gym's triathlon training group for our weekly session. Its a great idea. We start off at 5:45 and swim for a half hour, then quickly head to the spin room for a half hour, and then run outside for roughly a half hour. The timing is always a little off, but it works out to a decent swim (especially if you get there early and warm-up). A brief, but effective bike. And finally a very good run of about 3-4 miles.

Today was much the same. These workout are the next best thing to actually doing a sprint race because it gives you the feel of what it is like to work all three muscle group in succession. The best part about it is the run since it has always been the portion I give the least attention to. So far in my racing experience I have had horrible runs. It is usually because I am under-trained for the bike and then basically dead when I run. This workout is going to be great for helping remedy that.

Very tired now but fired up. A little update on my shoulder: I still feel the pain a bit but I spent a good ten minutes before my workout warming up with weights and felt very little pain in the water. I will rest it for the rest of the week and see how it feels next week. Perhaps a little ice as well.

Song in my head: "Ridin' the Storm Out" REO Speedwagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6F5xm0QooE

No comments: