Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Swim Recovery, Some Bike, and a Surprise

Yesterday I swam 4000 yds. 400 warmup, 5 sets (500 yds, 100yds, 50 yds sprint, 50 yds off stroke) 100 cool down. This was my longest workout ever. By the beginning of the second set thought my arms were going to fall off. I started talking to myself at the beginning because I was sure I could not make. By the middle sets I felt better and better. By the end, the sense of accomplishment was awesome. Did some weights too but very light weight, just enough to move the blood around.

Today I feel good, but pretty tired. I have an hour on the bike and some running but will only be able to squeeze it in. I will go easy and keep a close eye on my knees to make sure the soreness does not return.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so talking to yourself gets the job done huh?