Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I did a triathlon today, in a way


Today was a good workout. I was scheduled to try all three legs. The workout has now made it to its taper phase where the workouts typically ease up in anticipation of a race. I am really off schedule because of the two week break so the easy workoutsw are fine with me. But anyway, I swam a 300 warmup, 6 50s, 6 100s, and a 200 warmdown. The workout was very easy but I still felt tired in my upper body. I then hit the bike for 15 minutes and ran for 15 minutes. I was supposed to go for 60 minutes and 30 minutes respectively, but honestly, all I wanted to do was get the blood flowing. I think I really shot myself in the foot at the beginning of the routine by going all out. Now my goal is to get set up for when the season begins in April. Therefore I want to maintain my swim pace, gradually build up my cycling and running throughout the offseason and be in position to really kick butt by April.

Song in my head "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses ("bah humbug")

No comments: