Tuesday, November 6, 2007

One Step Backward

After my elation of last Friday, I took the weekend off. I am not sacrificing fitness by doing it, and I am hoping to eliminate the pain in my knee. It's still here but perhaps getting better. I refuse to get on the bike until I am pain free.

Today I was back in the pool for 2600 yds. The first set was 4 200s, followed by 500 yds, then 6 200s at race pace. Again I didn't want to get in the pool but made it there. I can only describe the workout as SLUGGISH. I usually get to the wall at 19 strokes or less. Here 19 was the best I could possibly do. Most times I was hitting at 21 or more. I literally felt like someone was pulling me back or that the wall getting further and further away.

But how could that be? Friday was so great. During the swim I was searching for answers. Was I dogging it? No, I was working my a$$ off! Was I tired? Yeah but that's no excuse. Lazy? Sure, always. Was it because I had little breakfast? Maybe but not very likely. The only answer I could come up with was I had stopped taking my vitamins and Optygen for a few days since last week. I sort of slack off on the weekends as far as vitamins. I kind of vedge-out during football Saturdays and get distracted with church and family stuff on Sundays. No more. This is crazy. I'm back on the vitamins and the supplements religiously from now on.

Song in my head "Do You Love What You Feel?" Rufus and Chaka Khan "Stompin' At The Savoy"

No comments: